Back to school is in the air and if you’re anything like us you are definitely looking forward to having a clean house again!! Summer can be a tough time for house cleaning, especially when our kids are spending more time at home. We love them of course! It’s just that keeping the house clean isn’t their priority. As the school year gets started, now is a great time to get back to a regularly, scheduled cleaning routine and to revisit that spring-cleaning checklist. It applies perfectly to fall, when you’re really looking for a deep clean and want to get your home in order. If the list below looks daunting, we’re here to help. DK’s Dustbusters is a locally owned, woman operated maid service that has been cleaning homes and businesses around greater Clear Lake, TX for over 30 years.
Below are 5 home deep cleaning tips for our friends and neighbors around League City and greater Clear Lake, TX.
- Wash the windows. All of them. We suggest early morning or a cloudy day so you can better see and remove any streaks.
- Window coverings. Remember to check the labels for cleaning instructions if you have any type of fabric window coverings. While fabric window covers are great for adding style and versatility to your interiors, they can gather an excessive amount of dust. Take the time to clean them regularly.
- Light fixtures. If you haven’t wiped down the light fixtures since your spring cleaning, then they need to be cleaned again. If they’re within reach, remove the fixture and clean out any dust or bugs that may have gotten inside.
- Cabinets and drawers. Empty them out, wipe them down, declutter, and take this opportunity to reorganize. This is one of those tasks that looks like chaos along the way, but then you’ll be so glad you did it when you’re done.
- Carpets and furniture. It’s almost unfair to list this as one task but the reality is there’s probably been more traffic in your home over the summer and now is a good time to clean your carpets and upholstery. You’ll be glad you did as we head in to the holiday season.
A home deep cleaning is sometimes exactly what we need to help us switch gears and get back into a routine. Perhaps you need a little help getting started? If you paused your regularly scheduled cleaning routine, now is a good time to get back on schedule. One of the advantages of working with a professional cleaning company is that our sole focus is creating a healthy, clean living environment for you and your family to come home to.
Call today and find out how residential cleaning services can help you breathe a little easier.